Skip to main content

FIVE FRIDAY FAVOURITES - MY TOP 5 DISNEY TREATS

 
Welcome to my first segment called Five Friday Favourites.

On Fridays, I will be sharing a variety of my top five favourite things, ranging in different themes. Yes, you've guessed it. The majority of these Friday blogs will be dedicated to Disney.

My Top Five "Must Have" Disney Treats


#5. Popcorn - Various Locations

One standard theme park snack item is popcorn. If you love this flavorful treat you will not be disappointed at Walt Disney World. You can find popcorn all over Disney. Many stores have plain popcorn, caramel popcorn, chocolate and nut popcorn, kettle popcorn, confetti popcorn and several other choices. At stands in the parks you can also get an order of traditional popcorn. Buy it in a souvenir container and you’ll have something fun to remember your trip by
.


#4.
The “Plaza” Ice Cream Sundae -  Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, Main Street U.S.A (Magic Kingdom) 
 
Step back in time and visit a vintage ice cream parlor that serves up sundaes much like the ones Walt would have enjoyed himself. Located at the corner of Main Street U.S.A. nearest to the hub, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is the perfect place to grab an ice cream treat before you head over to Tomorrowland or as your waiting for Wishes to start.
The must have treat of the parlor is the famous Plaza Ice Cream Sundae! This sundae is simple and includes vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and cherries all served in a freshly made waffle cone bowl. It’s no secret that Walt Disney enjoyed ice cream, and this nostalgic sundae is surely one of the kinds he enjoyed. So be sure to raise your spoon at his window, located above the parlor and facing the castle, and enjoy this sundae in his honour.
#3. The Turkey Leg - Various Locations

Love them or hate them, turkey legs are a part of Walt Disney World. Some people consider them a snack, others make a meal out of one. They are so popular that Disney even sells turkey leg T-shirts and car air fresheners. Each leg weighs approximately a pound and a half. Disney sells well over a million of them a year, they are that popular. If you’re watching your sodium you might want to stay away from these, the legs are infused with salt water before cooking, giving them a high sodium content. They are higher in calories than you might expect, but considering the amount of walking that you do at a park you will burn some of that off.

I usually purchase mine right after riding the intense rides at Disney's MGM Studios (now known as Disney's Hollywood Studios). It is a great 'grab-and-go' treat if you need something to tie you over until a large dinner.


#2. Mickey Soft Pretzel - Various Locations


Not much I can say about these, but if you enjoy soft pretzels, or if you have a soul... you will love these! I mean, everything Mickey shaped is amazing, right? Soft pretzels are another great item to grab quickly on the go. The regular soft pretzels sold at the carts in the theme parks are vegan, meaning they are made without egg, dairy or other animal products. (If you follow a vegan diet you will still want to ask, just to be on the safe side.) In some locations they are shaped like Mickey. Order them as is or enjoy a dip such as cheddar cheese or caramel. Another favorite is the sweet cream cheese filled pretzel. If you want something a bit more bold you can buy jalapeno cheese filled pretzels. A soft pretzel is a fast and delicious snack.


#1. Dole Whip Float - Aloha Isle, Magic Kingdom + Polynesian Resort


I love Dole Whip Floats. I crave Dole Whip Floats. I would (and have) eat Dole Whips for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. My ultimate snack at MK is the Dole Whip.  I am usually the first in line when the shutters open and the last in line that evening. I have never ventured from the classic pineapple soft serve with pineapple juice and never will. But beware, enjoying these can be dangerous if not done correctly. When you receive your float you will be provided a straw and a long plastic spoon. DO NOT use these together. Placing your straw in your float and diving in with your spoon will cause pineapple juice to travel up your straw and exit in a startling and messy manner. Imagine Fire Rock Geyser at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Villas. Now replace that mental image with pineapple juice. One shot in the eye and you’ll have learned your lesson. Basically, Dole Whip Floats bring me so much joy and happiness.

Sure you are able to find Dole Whips at other places on Walt Disney World property, but nothing beats having one from the original shop in Adventureland. This ice cream treat is a Disney icon in and of itself, and is a can’t miss treat on any trip to Walt Disney World.

You’ll find this refreshing pineapple treat at the Aloha Isle Refreshments in Adventureland right across from the entrance to the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. The stand has a sort of "blink and you’ll miss it" vibe since it blends so well with the other buildings, but the line for dole whips will surely let you know you’re in the right place.

Now I want a Dole Whip.

Also, an honourable mention to Beaches & Cream's Kitchen Sink. I have never had anyone with me daring enough to come with me to take it on, but I will not make that mistake again. My next trip down, I will be taking it on. Even if it is a solo venture.

Another honourable mention is the classic Mickey Bar. I didn't include it in my list, because mostly everyone has at least one without thinking during their stay at a Disney location. These, if you are unaware, are the chocolate dipped mickey ice cream bars that you can buy at any cart and most locations.

Do you have any "must have" Disney treats?


- M
 
(disclaimer: All pictures belong to their rightful owners)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog!  I have decided to make a personal blog site. This means that every blog that is posted here will be authentic to me. All thoughts and opinions are my own unless otherwise said. Some posts will be strongly opinionated. Others may cause some discomfort. I write in order to cause YOU to think. I want you to question what I post. I want you to think, feel and have an opinion.  I have been very busy in the writing scene. I am currently working on two novels. One is a collaborative novel and the other is my novel that I've been working on since November 2014. My solo novel will be released January 2017 for public viewing and purchase. The profits from sales will be donated to different organizations/families each month. I will keep you posted on more novel information as it becomes available. Also, I've been a reviewer for local shows and performances. I am excited to share those with you! Reviews will be posted on here within the wee

Good people, good energy.

         Being around good people with good energy is priority.        We have this hero complex where we think we're always the exception to the rule. We're not addicted to our phones, it is everyone else. The age of pointing fingers. We don't get influenced by advertising, that is everyone else. We are too smart, "woke", or whatever word we want to use to decorate our delusions.      A large one is assuming we can influence others, without them influencing us. We have great chemistry, horrible chemistry, and everything in between with people, but it is chemistry none the less, and no one walks away the same after we cross paths. There's no shortage of people who need support, we all do, but some of us haven't taken the very crucial first step: helping ourselves.         When you have good energy, you'll attract other good energy, but you'll also attract energy that's toxic. Everyone is worth helping, and even absorbing some of that toxic ener

Growing up or growing out?

You may outgrow people in your life, and people in your life may outgrow you. That's not tragic, that's normal. Growth is life. Before we divorce our friends, let's divorce the idea that it has to be all or nothing. We don't need to have people as only a "best friend" OR completely cut out of our lives. It's okay to have people in our lives that we can only enjoy in moderation. Plenty of my friends live lifestyles and have priorities that don't line up with mine, and that doesn't mean I have to delete them from my life, it just means I can enjoy them in small doses.  We do ourselves and others a disservice when we decide that our history is more important than our future. When we notice our paths heading away from each other, we clinch arms, and both of us fall off course. The only thing we can be promised in life is change, whether that's change for the better or worse, is something our attitudes can impact. I'm not going to mourn a fr