Skip to main content

Year of the blog: Day #22 - Beginning

January 24th, 2018

Day #22


It isn’t being drowned by tidal waves, 
It isn’t being lost in the middle of the ocean, unable to swim. 
It is a hurricane. 
A ruthless, merciless hurricane bent on losing you in the midst of chaos. 
Grief doesn’t only suffocate you. 
It completely and inevitably tears you apart, limb by limb. 
Grief pulls you through hundred mile per hour winds and crashing trees. 
It’s like looking out of the window, and being unable to see anything, because today the hurricane brought tears, thousands of them; so many that you cannot see anything at all. 
Being drowned by tidal waves,
Would be suffocating and frightening. 
Being lost in an angry ocean,
Seeing and then feeling wave after wave, being unable to speak or scream or breathe. 
Even being unable to swim,
Would be preferable to a hurricane. 
Because during a hurricane you can scream, and you can feel yourself screaming, but nobody can hear you; you cannot even hear yourself. 
Grief is different than sadness. 
Sadness is darkness, tears, looking out of your window and only seeing gray. Sadness isn’t being numb. Isn’t being in a trance, and no matter how hard you try, you cannot wake up. 
And grief?
Grief is indescribable.

But through grief, we find new beginnings. New pathways, secret tunnels that have yet to be tapped. Yet to be discovered. From grief comes the opportunity to discover new life, new starts to an undetermined future. This does not mean that you have to start right from scratch. You can, as it is your life, and the journey is up to you.

From death and decay comes the promise of new birth. If one opportunity fades away, there will be others. At the time, it may feel that the only thing you've ever wanted in life is no more. But I can promise you this, if you broaden your view finder, you will find unexpected windows.

Things like this happen to me often. Whether I am pulled from sports due to health concerns, not being accepted to Disney, or even something just not going as planned, I take it all personally. I internalize everything that happens to me, as if it is a way to process what is happening to my life. I think I've talk about this in another one of my blog posts, but once I've noticed that these 'problems' gave me new opportunities (rekindling my love of theatre), it wasn't about why this was happening to me. It turned into why this was happening FOR me.

It is okay to grieve losses. Sometimes, big rifts are torn into our lives, and it shakes things right to the core. The integrity of your being can ripple. It is scary, and that is a perfectly acceptable thought to have.

Today, we begin. Either for the first time, or all over again. Only begin. That’s good enough.

- M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog!  I have decided to make a personal blog site. This means that every blog that is posted here will be authentic to me. All thoughts and opinions are my own unless otherwise said. Some posts will be strongly opinionated. Others may cause some discomfort. I write in order to cause YOU to think. I want you to question what I post. I want you to think, feel and have an opinion.  I have been very busy in the writing scene. I am currently working on two novels. One is a collaborative novel and the other is my novel that I've been working on since November 2014. My solo novel will be released January 2017 for public viewing and purchase. The profits from sales will be donated to different organizations/families each month. I will keep you posted on more novel information as it becomes available. Also, I've been a reviewer for local shows and performances. I am excited to share those with you! Reviews will be posted on here within the wee

Good people, good energy.

         Being around good people with good energy is priority.        We have this hero complex where we think we're always the exception to the rule. We're not addicted to our phones, it is everyone else. The age of pointing fingers. We don't get influenced by advertising, that is everyone else. We are too smart, "woke", or whatever word we want to use to decorate our delusions.      A large one is assuming we can influence others, without them influencing us. We have great chemistry, horrible chemistry, and everything in between with people, but it is chemistry none the less, and no one walks away the same after we cross paths. There's no shortage of people who need support, we all do, but some of us haven't taken the very crucial first step: helping ourselves.         When you have good energy, you'll attract other good energy, but you'll also attract energy that's toxic. Everyone is worth helping, and even absorbing some of that toxic ener

Growing up or growing out?

You may outgrow people in your life, and people in your life may outgrow you. That's not tragic, that's normal. Growth is life. Before we divorce our friends, let's divorce the idea that it has to be all or nothing. We don't need to have people as only a "best friend" OR completely cut out of our lives. It's okay to have people in our lives that we can only enjoy in moderation. Plenty of my friends live lifestyles and have priorities that don't line up with mine, and that doesn't mean I have to delete them from my life, it just means I can enjoy them in small doses.  We do ourselves and others a disservice when we decide that our history is more important than our future. When we notice our paths heading away from each other, we clinch arms, and both of us fall off course. The only thing we can be promised in life is change, whether that's change for the better or worse, is something our attitudes can impact. I'm not going to mourn a fr