Skip to main content

Year of the blog: Day #23 - It's okay to not be okay (part 2)

January 25th, 2018

Day #23

One of my first blog posts on this site, if you were around then to remember, depicted that it is okay to not be okay.

And it is okay to not be okay.


 This is a lesson that has been more than a decade in the making for me. I’m in my early twenties and I’m just coming to grips with the fact that I don’t handle stress well, that I’m not as strong as I thought I was and that all of the crap I went through, all the things I learned about myself through those times I can now use to try to help my friends and family as they face their own emotional issues.

It’s okay to not be okay. I keep telling myself that I need to be strong right now, that I need to find a way to hold it all together…but I think the truth of the matter is that I don’t have to be all that strong. I don’t have to always hold it together. That it’s okay to show my friends and family that not always being okay is in fact okay.

Life isn't easy. It’s been a time that I’ve had to shut myself down from my regular happenings.  I’ve sat in my chair, blanket wrapped around me and prayed for help, for peace and for guidance. I’ve found different things to make me smile. I’ve eaten probably way too much and drank more than my share of tea. But most of all…it’s been a time where I’ve looked deep into my heart and have accepted that I don’t have to be all the stuff I can’t possibly be at this moment.

Life is about moments. Moments to cherish. Moments to remember. Moments that make a difference. I could look back on all the moments that I should have noticed, all those moments that I had been a better mother I might have caught the signs…but there’s nothing gained by doing that. All I can do is celebrate all the moments I have now, on a go forward basis and be the best friend/family member/human I can be, in this moment.

Even if I’m not okay. Because, that is also okay.

One day, this awful month will be behind me. One day, this time in our lives will be considered the past. One day, we’ll be able to look back as a family as see where we all changed – for the better.

You do not have to go through these moments alone. In fact, it is encouraged that you share your personal journey with someone else. You are NOT burdening them with your 'problems', you are encouraging a new opportunities for those moments to grow into memories to treasure. Those memories will shed new light.

- M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog!  I have decided to make a personal blog site. This means that every blog that is posted here will be authentic to me. All thoughts and opinions are my own unless otherwise said. Some posts will be strongly opinionated. Others may cause some discomfort. I write in order to cause YOU to think. I want you to question what I post. I want you to think, feel and have an opinion.  I have been very busy in the writing scene. I am currently working on two novels. One is a collaborative novel and the other is my novel that I've been working on since November 2014. My solo novel will be released January 2017 for public viewing and purchase. The profits from sales will be donated to different organizations/families each month. I will keep you posted on more novel information as it becomes available. Also, I've been a reviewer for local shows and performances. I am excited to share those with you! Reviews will be posted on here within the wee

Good people, good energy.

         Being around good people with good energy is priority.        We have this hero complex where we think we're always the exception to the rule. We're not addicted to our phones, it is everyone else. The age of pointing fingers. We don't get influenced by advertising, that is everyone else. We are too smart, "woke", or whatever word we want to use to decorate our delusions.      A large one is assuming we can influence others, without them influencing us. We have great chemistry, horrible chemistry, and everything in between with people, but it is chemistry none the less, and no one walks away the same after we cross paths. There's no shortage of people who need support, we all do, but some of us haven't taken the very crucial first step: helping ourselves.         When you have good energy, you'll attract other good energy, but you'll also attract energy that's toxic. Everyone is worth helping, and even absorbing some of that toxic ener

Growing up or growing out?

You may outgrow people in your life, and people in your life may outgrow you. That's not tragic, that's normal. Growth is life. Before we divorce our friends, let's divorce the idea that it has to be all or nothing. We don't need to have people as only a "best friend" OR completely cut out of our lives. It's okay to have people in our lives that we can only enjoy in moderation. Plenty of my friends live lifestyles and have priorities that don't line up with mine, and that doesn't mean I have to delete them from my life, it just means I can enjoy them in small doses.  We do ourselves and others a disservice when we decide that our history is more important than our future. When we notice our paths heading away from each other, we clinch arms, and both of us fall off course. The only thing we can be promised in life is change, whether that's change for the better or worse, is something our attitudes can impact. I'm not going to mourn a fr